Zeus Inspector CD DVD Blu-Ray Disc Forensic Analyzer
Automated 4-drive Standalone Network-based CD/DVD Blu-Ray Forensic Analyzer w/ Built-In PC
Zeus 4 CD DVD BD Inspector Overview
The Zeus 4 CD DVD BD Inspector is a professional tool for intensive analysis and extraction of data from CD DVD and Blu-Ray media. This system is tailored for data recovery technicians, forensic examiners, and law enforcement professionals requiring tools for extracting information from optical media. We get all the data all the time!
The Zeus 4 CD DVD BD Inspector allows for fully automated robotic disc handing. It supports multiple drive collection simultaneously as well as an available camera as an optional add-on to photograph discs as they are processed. The Zeus 4 Inspector enables processing all of the discs that have been seized in a unattended manner that operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This enables forensic examiners to focus on more productive tasks while all the potential evidence is processed. There have been customers with robotic systems process a 50-disc spindle of apparently blank discs to discover one disc in the middle with contraband on it – these discs would never have been processed without a robotic system. The Zeus 4 Inspector is cost-effective and very reliable. By operating unattended, it both ensures consistency and processes discs at the maximum speeds.
The Zeus 4 Inspector has extensive reporting options and can collect evidence from discs in a .iso format (very limited) or as a .ZIP which utilizes the full capability of CD/DVD/BD Inspector’s ability to dig out lost, deleted and hidden files on the media. Use of a .ZIP transfer file works with both EnCase and FTK as well as other products and is strongly recommended. Hash matching can also be done as the discs are processed to match against known contraband files.
The information collected by the Zeus 4 CD DVD BD Inspector can be controlled via user-specific options:
- Complete disc content stored as (a) image file (b) ZIP image for import into EnCase or FTK (c) discrete files from the disc.
- Report on all files found and/or recovered from the disc in text or HTML format. Image thumbnails optional with HTML report.
- Analysis report which consists of a summary of the content found on the disc.
- Table of contents report.
- File System analysis report showing software used to create the file system on the disc.
- MD5/SHA1 hash value of the disc.
- MD5/SHA1 hash value of each file on the disc.
- Optional matching against a hash set.
Zeus 4 CD DVD BD Inspector Features
- Standalone & Fully Automated
- 4 CD/DVD or Blu-Ray Drives
- Fully Integrated PC Built Inside
- Up to 630 Disc Capacity
- Optional Digital Camera
- Supports all optical media: CDs, DVDs, HD DVD and Blu-Ray.
- Integrated report generator with direct-to-print, HTML, text and CSV output formats.
- Consolidated media error reporting – this puts a list of all errors that occur while copying files in a single window.
- Support for E01-type image files (read only)
- Support for ISO + CUE image files (read only)
- Create files to represent data in areas not referenced by a file system
- SHA1 hash values for files and the entire disc
- Thumbnail format display for files
- Hash database support for hash matching – Done using one or more ODBC-defined databases. Either a database defined for CD/DVD Inspector of a C4P database can be used. C4P is a product of Ontario Provincial Police
- Improved data carving used to identify files.
- With use of a camera, support for multiple drive utilization is provided.
- With use of a camera, serial number labels can be used to ensure that each disc and its content are completely tracked.
- New reporting facility allows for user-defined reports with over 50 different columns to be selected from.
- Ability to output any report to HTML, direct to print, text file, or CSV.
- Notable files allowing individual files to be selected for reporting or inclusion as links at the end of an HTML report.
- Remote Status Monitor – Track long running tasks easily.
- Consolidated media error report
- Supports Photoshop (PSD) files.
Zeus 4 CD DVD BD Inspector Specifications
- Autoloader in Box – 30x22x27 – 45 lbs.
- Drive Tower Box – 20x15x11 – 25 lbs.
What’s Inside the Zeus 4 CD DVD BD Inspector?
- Intel Pentium Processor
- SATA Hard Drive for OS/Storage
- Microsoft Windows 10 Operatiing System
- CD/DVD Inspector Software
|Operating Type||Standalone – Built-In PC|
|Drives||4 combo CD/DVD drives or Blu-Ray CD/DVD drives|
|Hard Drive||500GB HDD for OS/Storage – Up to 2TB available|
|Operating System||Windows 10 x64 Professional|
|Disc Capacity||630 Discs Input / Output|
|Maximum Read Speed*||DVD-ROM (single) – 16x, DVD-ROM (dual) – 12x, DVD-R – 16x, DVD-RW – 13x, DVD+R – 16x, DVD+RW – 13x
CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW – 40x
Blu-Ray Option: BD-R SL = 12x, BD-R DL = 8x, BD-R LTH = 8x, BD-RE SL = 10x, BD-RE DL = 6x, BD-ROM SL = 12x, BD-ROM DL = 8x
|Read Support||DVD: DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, DVD-RAM, DVD-ROM, DVD-ROM DL
CD: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM
Blu-Ray: BD-ROM, BD-ROM DL, BD-R, BD-R DL, BD-R LTH, BD-RE, BD-RE DL
|Network||100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Power Supply||115V or 230V|
|Operating Temperature||40°F ~ 95°F|
|Operating Humidity||20% ~ 90%|
|Regulations||FCC, CE, RoHS|
* Maximum reading speed depends on the BD/DVD/CD media.
Zeus 4 CD DVD BD Inspector Software
Professional software for intensive analysis and extraction of data from CD-R, CD-RW and all types of DVD media – including HD DVD and Blu-Ray.. Tailored for professionals in data recovery, forensics, and law enforcement. Building on the data recovery technology in CD/DVD Diagnostic™, it adds detailed displays and enhanced media search abilities, improving performance and usability.
CD/DVD Inspector reads all major CD and DVD filesystem formats including ISO-9660, Joliet, UDF, HSG, HFS and HFS+. When the disc being examined contains more than a single filesystem, all filesystems found are displayed. Multiple filesystems are present for hybrid Macintosh/PC discs as well as for discs that are produced by DirectCD and other packet-writing software. DVD Video discs include both the UDF and ISO-9660 filesystem as well.
CD/DVD Inspector now includes a flexible report generator which can be tailored to your specific requirements. Over 50 separate data items can be selected for reports with output in direct to print, HTML, text file or CSV. With printed and HTML reports thumbnails can be included for pictures. Reports can be sorted by any data item included in the report.
- Flexible Report Generator
Reports can be produced for print, HTML, text file or CSV output with over 50 different data items selectable. An unlimited number of user-defined reports can be created.
- Automated Media Collection
Put up to 630 discs at once in one of the supported Robotic Loader systems and it will automatically collect all content from every disc. Flexible reporting for each disc processed. Import the results directly into EnCase or FTK. Optionally photograph each disc as it is processed.
- Complete CD Imaging
Now CD/DVD Inspector can create an image file containing all of the information required to completely process any disc in a set of two files. The first file contains the complete “raw” track data with all subchannels from a CD and all of the user sector data from all sessions on a DVD. The second file is in XML format and contains all of the information that CD/DVD Inspector has extracted from the various control structures on the disc and the file systems.
- Transfer data collected to EnCase, FTK, etc.
- Captures all files, even those not part of the directory structure (deleted or damaged)
- One-step image collection from otherwise inaccessible CD or DVD discs.
- Use of ‘hard links” minimizes size of the image file while retaining complete content of the disc.
- Drag-and-drop a single file per disc
- File scanning
“Inaccessible” discs files can be searched using scan specification syntax, including regular expressions.
- Built-in Image Viewer
- This tool identifies files containing graphic content (ART, BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF, etc.) independent of the file extension.
- Supports RAW images from over 125 different digital cameras.
- Low-level sector examination and scanning
Displays sectors in hexadecimal and character. It also scans all sectors of a disc for particular data For example, it locates an email address on a disc regardless of what file the mail may be in. This searches the complete disc, not just areas identified as belonging to files.
- Data pane
Allows direct examination of the contents of files on the disc from the main window. The information can be displayed in either character or hexadecimal/character form. The data pane can be resized and scrolled as needed.
- Disc Memory and Checkpoint
This feature eliminates lengthy re-discovery of the disc’s contents. Additionally, it allows for interruption of a disc examination and then resumption of that same examination at a later time. This is useful as some disc examinations can be lengthy, often taking more than 12 hours.
- Intensive Disc Examination
Locates data on discs that has been dropped from the file system, either because of software glitches, deletion or user action. This is now done for all format discs.
- Expanded Retry Capabilities
Permits users to select the level of automatic retries performed whenever a data error is encountered. This can make otherwise unreadable data sectors readable again. This allows the user to balance examination speed with thoroughness.
- CD Text, ISRC and RID Audio Disc Display.
- CD Text contains album, track and artist names on Sony and home-produced music CDs.
- ISRC is the acronym for International Standard Recording Code. It is a code used to identify the recording studio and publisher of a music track.
- RID is the acronym for Recorder Identification. It is written to music CDs recorded on standalone CD recorders used with audio systems.